Friday, November 22, 2013

Setting up the basics

I didn't do a great deal this week, mainly just setting up the class files ready to import characters into the game and have it so that the game can be played in third person and that we can also select a custom game mode within UDK. These are things that I learnt in the previous years on the course so putting them into place wasn't difficult, now they're ready for when the team has made the characters.

What I need to do next is to set up the classes for the different weapons that we will be having. For the weapons I need to look into things like particle effects and potentially custom projectiles for the weapons. Because I haven't received a level design or a detailed one, I haven't been able to do much in UDK in terms of level creation, instead I'm looking into the different areas of the criteria each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment