Friday, November 29, 2013

Artificial Burn

Because I haven't had much luck with AI in the past, it seemed necessary to look into AI within UDK and see if I can improve on my previous attempts as my last project that involved AI, they went from being aggressive and actually attacking you, to passive and running away from you, not only did they run away from you but they actually started jumping into the fire pits. 

Now that could be because the environment I had created was a bit tight and the path nodes I had put in place weren't effective enough. Now because this map is going to be quite cramped with carnival rides and stalls, I'm'm going to need to create an effective nav mesh for the AI to move around in. However due to other assignments I have only been able to look into this area and not properly explore it in the engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment