Because my Technology Project also involves using UDK, I've been messing around with SWF's and GFx movies to try and get videos to play on trigger however when I actually get them to play I haven't been able to make them stop they literally just keep playing, I was testing this out using my loading screen swf for the menu that I had created.
Even though I had no success I did find it useful as I found it interesting that even though one of my swf files which I had from my first year assignment didn't use scale form which you would use to create a menu, the file still ran within UDK, mind you it was a little out of shape but its main function still worked. Which makes me feel like there is some room for experimentation with flash and UDK to be had.
However I do know how to make video clips become texture movies, they're quick and easy to do and easy to import and apply, but they're only downfall is that once they are placed they are just on a continuous loop and I have yet to look into whether they can be triggered or hidden. But as far as my knowledge goes with materials and kismet within UDK I'm not sure whether this can be achieved.
Even though I had no success I did find it useful as I found it interesting that even though one of my swf files which I had from my first year assignment didn't use scale form which you would use to create a menu, the file still ran within UDK, mind you it was a little out of shape but its main function still worked. Which makes me feel like there is some room for experimentation with flash and UDK to be had.
However I do know how to make video clips become texture movies, they're quick and easy to do and easy to import and apply, but they're only downfall is that once they are placed they are just on a continuous loop and I have yet to look into whether they can be triggered or hidden. But as far as my knowledge goes with materials and kismet within UDK I'm not sure whether this can be achieved.
No comments:
Post a Comment